HNN Associates is a privately held and owner operated professional property management company. We specialize in the management of multifamily and mixed-use properties in the state of Washington.
HNN has an exciting opportunity for a Training & Development Specialist to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be highly motivated to organize and implement training opportunities for HNN employees at all levels. To be successful in this role, the candidate will have a background in Property Management with the insight and creativity to build training that meets organizational needs.
Our mission is to be a great company that provides outstanding housing. We emphasize common sense in the management of investment properties. We achieve standards of performance that balance short-term return on investment with long-term housing preservation and value. We nurture a reputation of excellence in our housing communities, in our operations and within ourselves. We promote healthy communication, productive teamwork, integrity and professionalism. We thrive in a work environment that is exciting, fun and productive. We realize the power of kindness and compassion in our business operations.
- Acts as the administrator for the Learning Management System (LMS) "HNN University" utilizing all available company resources. This University provides training across all departments and will effectively provide online and hands-on training for all team members to be trained appropriately according to HNN standards.
- Direct the needs assessment for training and staff development to
enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and
objectives of the company.
- Maintain training industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, and attending events.
- Keeps well-informed of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship of harmony and instill the BE ONE TEAM value with all internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Property management experience required.
- Demonstrates ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Has experience training others is a must.
- Ability to operate confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and situations.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure and stay organized to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communicate with other employees, residents, visitors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Comfortable writing and presenting learning material to employees at all levels.
- Proficient in utilizing the internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs to complete needed reports. Proficiency in using property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site).
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be legally qualified to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English in a manner sufficient to carry out the duties.
- High School diploma, GED and employment history that demonstrates the application of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to build applicable training plans.
HNN has a proven record of promoting from within and is a great place to make a rewarding career. We offer competitive wages, training and professional development. Life is better here!
Employees at HNN enjoy the following benefits:
- 90% company paid medical, dental, Rx and vision benefits for
employee only coverage.
- Healthcare and Daycare Flexible Spending Account.
- Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 phone and in-person counseling service provided at no change.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) programs with a company match equal to 100% of the first 4% contributed by the employee.
- Paid Time Off equal to 3 weeks in the first year in addition to seven paid holidays.
- Paid Volunteer Time Off - 2 days per year to volunteer in the community.
- Birthday holiday - Employees receive a paid day off to be used in the month of their birthday.