Blanton Turner is hiring!
At Blanton Turner, team members receive the tools and training to succeed, and more importantly, the empowerment to be sensational. What does sensational look like? To us, it's a cared-for property, engaged residents and tenants, and increasing returns to our clients.
We are a top-notch Property Management Company with a culture that fosters growth, longevity and passion. We promote from within and take care of our employees.
We have a Maintenance Technician position available at Alley 111 apartments in Bellevue.
Please review the information below and if you feel as though you are a good fit and want to work for one of the best property management companies in Seattle, please apply.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, residents, tenants, the Property Manager, staff, and vendors
- Ability to quantify and produce expected results and be responsible for the results of the work
- Work well under pressure with excellent problem solving skills
- Work well with a wide diversity of people, honestly, ethically with integrity and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of building maintenance and custodial practices and strategies
- To further the brand of Blanton Turner through excellent maintenance of the property
- Show accountability for all work and actions by setting a strong example and work ethic
- Responsible for managing all aspects of maintenance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and service contractors – schedule and coordinate vendor and contractor activities
- To perform maintenance and repairs of physical property, including but not limited to doing: minor plumbing repair, general carpentry, landscaping, painting drywall and janitorial
- Maintain professionalism and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, residents, tenants, the Property manager, Portfolio manager, office staff, and vendors
- Complete all work in a timely and professional manner
- Must work safely at all times
- Be available on-call for after-hours emergencies
Experience and Characteristics
- 3+ years general building maintenance experience or equivalent training
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Physically able to perform maintenance work in most weather conditions.
- Be able to lift up to 90 lbs
- Familiarity with Washington State and City of Seattle Landlord-Tenant laws helpful
- Personal independence, drive and self-initiative
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Long Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- 401k Plan :: Eligible to start participating upon hire and we match dollar for dollar up to 4% and matched funds are vested 100% immediately
- PTO :: Able to accrue up to 16 days in your first year with Blanton Turner. You will accrue an additional day per year each year you work with us up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Paid Holidays :: 9 holidays per year (actual days off may vary)
- Family Medical Leave :: Employees may be entitled to 4 work weeks of paid leave for reasons protected under FMLA (For employees who have worked for the company at least twelve months and at least 1250 hours)
- $75 monthly phone stipend