Edison47 is looking for a Maintenance Technician to fulfill a position that floats between (2) sister apartment communities in Tacoma, WA. This is a full-time position with hours Tuesday - Saturday. There is potential for advancement.
COMPANY OVERVIEW - Edison47, Inc. is a respected, results-oriented property management services group located in the South Puget Sound area. Our portfolio includes all types of residential projects, including: pre-construction, new construction lease ups, stabilized, renovated, garden style, urban mid-rise, mixed use with retail, and even senior housing. Where is your passion? We’ll help you get there.
POSITION SUMMARY - The Maintenance Technician will report to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. They will assist with all aspects of maintenance for the apartment community.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining the residential units, grounds, amenities, building exteriors, interiors, breezeways, curbs, leasing office, trash enclosures, parking lot and other building and common areas
• Completing service requests
• Preparing vacant apartments for new residents
• Perform routine and emergency maintenance
• Assist with planning and execution of all preventative maintenance programs such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire and life-safety systems
QUALIFICATIONS - The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience - Some experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, appliance repair and drywall is preferred. Swimming pool experience is a plus.
• Availability - On top of the 5 day work week, technician must be willing to be in an on-call rotation for 24/7 maintenance emergencies. This responsibility is shared between many team members. On average each member is on-call one out of 4 weeks.
• Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Able to comply with Fair Housing Laws and standards
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Previous experience as a Maintenance Technician is preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license
• May be required to help with coverage and travel to sister properties
COMPENSATION - Competitive wage, depending on experience. $18+/hr. Excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. The applicant must pass a pre-employment/post offer background check and drug test.
To apply for this position, please email a resume or a detailed history of employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or walk ins please.