Blanton Turner is hiring!
At Blanton Turner, team members receive the tools and training to succeed, and more importantly, the empowerment to be sensational. What does sensational look like? To us, it's a cared-for property, engaged residents and tenants, and increasing returns to our clients.
We are a top-notch Property Management Company with a culture that fosters growth, longevity and passion. We promote from within and take care of our employees.
We have an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor position available at the Thornton Place building in Northgate.
Please review the information below and if you feel as though you are a good fit and want to work for one of the best property management companies in Seattle, please apply.
- Experience in supervisory position or “maintenance lead” preferred. A tech with experience looking for growth would also be acceptable
- 2+ years general maintenance experience or equivalent training is required
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Aesthetically oriented with an eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Work well under pressure with excellent problem-solving skills
- Work well with a wide diversity of people, honestly, ethically with integrity and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of building maintenance and custodial practices and strategies
- To further the brand of Blanton Turner through excellent maintenance of the property.
- Show accountability for all work and actions by setting a strong example and work ethic
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and service contractors -- schedule and coordinate vendor and contractor activities.
- To perform maintenance and repairs of physical property, including but not limited to doing: minor plumbing repair, general carpentry, landscaping, painting drywall and janitorial tasks.
- Perform unit turns including but not limited to: servicing appliances, plumbing and electrical, replace old or faulty parts, re-key locks, replace burnt out light bulbs and interior painting.
- Perform walk through of property as needed to ensure that immediate maintenance and custodial issues are attended to in a timely fashion. Walk through inspections should also include preventative maintenance to safeguard against foreseeable maintenance issues.
- Set quality standards and ensure quality control.
- Address and follow up as necessary on all residents’ work order requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies to ensure prompt repair and replacement of various items.
- If necessary, oversee custodial staff and maintain their schedule for optimum building cleanliness.
- Complete all work in a timely and professional manner.
- Must work safely at all times.
- Be available on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- 100% Paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free $15,000 Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 100% Paid Short Term Disability
- 100% Paid Long Term Disability
- 401k Matching and Immediate Eligibility
- 16 Days Off Per Year + 9 Holidays
- 4 Weeks of Paid Family or Medical Leave (must qualify for FMLA)
- $75 monthly phone stipend